Since 1987, ESTRAN Cité de la Mer is an association of Dieppe. His aim is to create a center for scientifical, technical, and industrial culture dedicated to the Normandy Coast.
Since 1993, our association offer you to visit its museum and aquarium. You will discover the coastal and marine domains on this side of the Channel through different topics :
- Anita Conti, the first woman oceanographer
- Ship building and embarked technologies
- Renewable sea energies
- From the sea to your plate
- Coastal environnement and geology
Open every day, all year round
Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 18.00pm without interruption
Weekends and holidays: closing from 12:30pm to 13:30pm
Selling of the last ticket: 17:15pm
In January, provide a few days of technical closure.
- Adults : 7.50 €
- Children between 4 and 16 years : 4 €
- Children younger than 4 years : free
- Family price (2 adults + 3 children) : 24 €
- Reduced price for students, teachers, job-seekers and persons with disabilities (with proof): 6.50 €
We accept cash, credit cards, checks and holiday checks.
In order to manage the flow of visitors, we can refuse groups of more than 12 people without reservation!
If you have crossed the channel from Newhaven by ferry, you can visit ESTRAN Cité de la Mer at reduced price, specially on presentation of a Dieppe-Newhaven ticket of crossing. Offer in partnership with ASDTE (Tourism and Economic Development Association).
ESTRAN Cité de la Mer wishes to share its exhibitions to a large public. For this reason, we strive for places accessible to all. Different facilities have been set up in order to ease the visit for people with disabilities.
At the entrance, a bell can call an agent in order to receive and help visitors.
Physical disability :
- The reception deck is lowered.
- Toilets are accessible downstairs.
- The access to the different floors is possible by an elevator.
- A wheelchair can be lended on demand at the reception.
- Some chairs are disposed and available in all stairs of the museum.
Visual impairment :
- Guide dogs are accepted in the museum.
- A tactile discovery is possible due to the various models or objects presented in open access.
Hearing impairment :
- The reception has a Hearing Induction Loop for the benefits of customers with hearing impairment.
Mental handicap :
- Models and objects presented in the museum as well as the aquariums make the visit attractive.
Adapted mediation :
Most of our activities can be adapted for the groups. We invite you to contact the Animation Service in order to be acquainted with the different possibilities.
For any information, please contact :
Parking spots :
A reserved parking space for people with disabilities is situated just at the front of the museum.
Other free parking spots reserved for people with disabilities are situated near the museum in the adjacent streets and on seafront. Use the map below in order to situate them :